[gpfsug-discuss] FIle system vs Database

Skylar Thompson skylar2 at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 30 21:42:21 GMT 2017

Interesting, thanks for the information Marc. Could there be an improvement
for something like "ls -l some-dir" using the API, though? Instead of getdents +
stat for every file (entering and leaving kernel mode many times), could it be done
in one operation with one context switch?

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar2 at u.washington.edu)
-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354