[gpfsug-discuss] OS/Feature deprecations in upcoming major release

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 3 12:57:21 BST 2017

Hi All,

At the SSUG in NY there was mention of operating systems as well as
feature deprecations that would occur in the lifecycle of the next major
release of GPFS. I'm not sure if this is public knowledge yet so I
haven't mentioned specifics but given the proposed release time frame of
the next major release I thought customers may appreciate having access
to this information so they could provide feedback about the potential
impact to their environment if these deprecations do occur. Any chance
someone from IBM could provide specifics here so folks can chime in?

-Aaron

--
Aaron Knister
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (Code 606.2)