[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS/Spectrum Scale Upcoming US Events - Save the Dates
GPFS UG USA Principal
usa-principal at gpfsug.org
Mon Apr 4 21:52:37 BST 2016
We’d like to announce two upcoming US GPFS/Spectrum Scale Events. One on the east coast, one in the midwest.
1) May 26th (full day event): GPFS/Spectrum Scale Day at the SPXXL conference in NYC https://www.spxxl.org/?q=New-York-City-2016 <https://www.spxxl.org/?q=New-York-City-2016> Developers and Engineers from IBM will be at the meeting to cover topics, and open dialogue between IBM and customers will be encouraged. More details about the agenda, hotel and other logistics will come later this month.
• 10 reasons for upgrading from GPFS 3.5 to Spectrum Scale 4.2.1
• Enhancements for CORAL from IBM
• Panel discussion with customers, topic TBD
• AFM and integration with Spectrum Protect
• Best practices for GPFS or Spectrum Scale Tuning.
• At least one site update
New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029
2) June 10th (full day event): GPFS/Spectrum Scale Users Group Meeting at Argonne National Lab (ANL). Thanks to Argonne for hosting this event. Developers and Engineers from IBM will be at the meeting to cover topics, and open dialogue between IBM and customers will be encouraged, as usual no marketing pitches!
Location: Argonne National Lab more details and final agenda will come later.
9-9:30a - Opening Remarks
9:30-10a Deep Dive - Update on ESS
10a-11a Deep Dive - Problem Determination (Presentation 30 min/Panel 30 min?)
11:30a-Noon - Deep Dive - Protect & Scale integration
12:30 - 1:30p Lunch
1:30 - 2:00p IBM AFM Update
2:00-2:30p ANL: AFM as a burst buffer
2:30-3:00p ANL: GHI (GPFS HPSS Integration)
3:30p - 4:00p LANL: ? or other site preso
4:00-4:30p Nuance: GPFS Performance Sensors Deployment Experiences
4:30p -5:00p Closing comments and Open Forum for Questions
5:00 - ?
We hope you can attend one or both of these events.
Kristy Kallback-Rose & Bob Oesterlin
GPFS Users Group - USA Chapter - Principal & Co-principal
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gpfsug-discuss