[gpfsug-discuss] Bandwidth low

Mathias Dietz MDIETZ at de.ibm.com
Tue Aug 25 17:38:25 BST 2026


>IBM Storage Scale RAID 6.0.1-PTF0-efix4
>I am don't really believe 400Gbps is actually low bandwidth so it's a
>"bug" somewhere IMHO

Correct, the bandwidth calculation did not take the GNR data structures into account.
I just checked: the defect is fixed in the 6.0.2 release (Planned for 4Q26)

In the meantime, use "mmhealth event hide" to hide the tip.

best regards

Mathias Dietz

Storage Scale RAS Architect

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Wolfgang Wendt
Geschäftsführung: David Faller
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294


________________________________
From: Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2026 6:01 PM
To: Mathias Dietz <MDIETZ at de.ibm.com>; gpfsug-discuss <gpfsug-discuss at gpfsug.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Bandwidth low

On 25/08/2026 15:56, Mathias Dietz wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I assume this is using GNR, right ? which Scale version are you using ?
> Background: there was a known issue with the bandwidth_low event when
> GNR is used.
>

It's DSS-G version 5.4a (no Omnipath to make 5.4b worth the effort)
which is according to the release notes

   IBM Storage Scale RAID 6.0.1-PTF0-efix4

Which is newer than the versions mentioned when I was investigating,
which are were all 5.x something.

I am don't really believe 400Gbps is actually low bandwidth so it's a
"bug" somewhere IMHO.


JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                         Tel: +44141-5483420
HPC System Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.
University of Strathclyde, John Anderson Building, Glasgow. G4 0NG
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://gpfsug.org/pipermail/gpfsug-discuss_gpfsug.org/attachments/20260825/24f7d010/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the gpfsug-discuss mailing list