[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS de duplication

Dave Bond davebond7787 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 13:58:01 BST 2021

Hello

As part of a project I am doing I am looking if there are any de
duplication options for GPFS?  I see there is no native de dupe for the
filesystem. The scenario would be user A creates a file or folder and user
B takes a copy within the same filesystem, though separate independent
filesets.  The intention would be to store 1 copy.    So I was wondering

1) Is this is planned to be implemented into GPFS in the future?
2) Is anyone is using any other solutions that have good GPFS integration?

Dave