[gpfsug-discuss] Does an AFM recovery stop AFM from recalling files?

Venkateswara R Puvvada vpuvvada at in.ibm.com
Mon Jan 20 17:32:07 GMT 2020

While the recovery is running, reading the uncached files (evicted files)
gets blocked until the recovery completes queueing the recovery
operations. This is to make sure that recovery executes all the dependent
operations first. For example, evicted file might have been renamed in the
cache, but not yet  replicated to home site and the fileset went into the
recovery state. First recovery have to perform rename operation to the
home site  and then allow read operation on it. Read on the uncached files
may get blocked if the cache state is in
Recovery/NeedsResync/Unmounted/Dropped/Stopped states.

~Venkat (vpuvvada at in.ibm.com)