[gpfsug-discuss] [External] Re: mmbackup

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Mon Aug 17 11:33:16 BST 2020

On 17/08/2020 10:53, Jim Roche wrote:
> Simon is correct from that point of view.  If you can see it on your
> commercial.lenovo.com site then you are able to use it within your
> licensing  rules and that you are still compatible from a Spectrum
> Scale point of view.  The DSS-G specific tarballs (2.6a, 2.6b, 3.0,
> etc...) should be used exactly as is for deploying the DSS-G, but
> then normal Spectrum scale client/server compatibility follows.  The
> tarball will define what MUST run on the DSS-G NSDs, but after that
> you are free to download/use whichever client version you are
> entitled to  -- which should correspond to what is visible on the
> website to download.

That's what I guessed, but nowhere does it ever state that. Thanks for
confirming it. Email now filed away for a cover my back in the event of
any license audit :-)

On a related note someone at IBM needs to update the extractor thing for
the data access version so that it works properly on a HiDPI display. My
understanding is that contract terms are unreadable are not valid in the
UK and on my Surface Book (running Linux of course) the text is not
readable :-)

JAB.

HPC System Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.