[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS v5: Blocksizes and subblocks

Michael Hennecke mhennecke at lenovo.com
Tue Mar 26 15:56:37 GMT 2019

Hi,

you have two storage pools. The calculation of the number of subblocks is performed on the system pool with 1MiB blocksize --> subblock size of 8kiB --> 128 subblocks. The other pool inherits the "128 subblocks", as all pools in a filesystem will have the same number of subblocks.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards,

Michael Hennecke
HPC Chief Technologist - HPC and AI Business Unit
--
Lenovo Global Technology (Germany) GmbH * Am Zehnthof 77 * D-45307 Essen * Germany
Geschäftsführung: Colm Gleeson, Christophe Laurent * Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart * HRB-Nr.: 758298, AG Stuttgart