[gpfsug-discuss] SSDs for data - DWPD?

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Mar 8 16:24:40 GMT 2019

Hi All,

This is kind of a survey if you will, so for this one it might be best if you responded directly to me and I’ll summarize the results next week.

Question 1 - do you use SSDs for data?  If not - i.e. if you only use SSDs for metadata (as we currently do) - thanks, that’s all!  If, however, you do use SSDs for data, please see Question 2.

Question 2 - what is the DWPD (daily writes per day) of the SSDs that you use for data?

Question 3 - is that different than the DWPD of the SSDs for metadata?

Question 4 - any pertinent information in regards to your answers above (i.e. if you’ve got a filesystem that data is uploaded to only once and never modified after that then that’s useful to know!)?

Thanks…

Kevin

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633