[gpfsug-discuss] Question about inodes increase - how to increase non-disruptively - orig question by Mladen Portak on 3/6/19 - 09:46 GMT

John M Sing jmsing at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 6 16:37:01 GMT 2019

Upon further thought, it occurs to me that Spectrum Scale V5's introduction
of variable sub-blocks must
by necessity have changed the inode calculation that I describe below.  I
would be interested to know
how exactly in Spectrum Scale V5 formatted file systems, how one may need
to change the information I document below.

I would imagine the pre-V5 file system format probably still uses the inode
allocation schema that I document below.

John Sing
IBM Offering Evangelist, Spectrum Scale, ESS
Venice FL