[gpfsug-discuss] Node ‘crash and restart’ event using GPFS callback?

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Thu Jan 31 01:19:47 GMT 2019

Actually, I think “preShutdown” will do it since it passes the type of shutdown “abnormal” for a crash to the call back - I can use that to send a Slack message.

mmaddcallback node-abort --event preShutdown --command /usr/local/sbin/callback-test.sh --parms "%eventName %reason"

and you get either:

preShutdown normal
preShutdown abnormal

Bob Oesterlin