[gpfsug-discuss] Get list of filesets_without_runningmmlsfileset?

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Jan 15 15:11:41 GMT 2019

Hi Marc (All),

Yes, I can easily determine where filesets are linked here … it is, as you said, in just one or two paths.  The script as it stands now has been doing that for several years and only needs a couple of relatively minor tweaks to be even more useful to _us_ by whittling down a couple of edge cases relating to fileset creation / deletion.

However … there was a request to share the script with the broader community … something I’m willing to do if I can get it in a state where it would be useful to others with little or no modification.  Anybody who’s been on this list for any length of time knows how much help I’ve received from the community over the years.  I truly appreciate that and would like to give back, even in a minor way, if possible.

But in order to do that the script can’t be full of local assumptions … that’s it in a nutshell … that’s why I want to programmatically determine the junction path at run time as a non-root user.

I’ll also mention here that early on in this thread Simon Thompson suggested looking into the REST API.  Sure enough, you can get the information that way … but, AFAICT, that would require the script to contain a username / password combination that would allow anyone with access to the script to then use that authentication information to access other information within GPFS that we probably don’t want them to have access to.  If I’m mistaken about that, then please feel free to enlighten me.

Thanks again…

Kevin

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu> - (615)875-9633