[gpfsug-discuss] Get list offilesets_without_runningmmlsfileset?

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 11 17:31:35 GMT 2019

“Is there a way for a non-root user” to get the junction path for the
fileset(s)?

Presuming the user has some path to some file in the fileset...
Issue `mmlsattr -L path` then "walk" back towards the root by discarding
successive path suffixes and watch for changes in the fileset name field

Why doesn't mmlsfileset work for non-root users? I don't know.  Perhaps
the argument has to do with security or confidentiality.
On my test system it gives a bogus error, when it should say something
about root or super-user.