[gpfsug-discuss] Quota: revert user quota to FILESET default

Kuei-Yu Wang-Knop kywang at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 19 19:06:15 GMT 2019

It sounds like you would like to have default perfileset quota enabled.
Have you tried to enable the default quota on the filesets and then set the
default quota limits for those filesets?

For example, in a filesystem fs9 and fileset fset9. File system fs9 has
default quota on and --perfileset-quota enabled.

   # mmlsfs fs9 -Q --perfileset-quota
   flag                value                    description
   ------------------- ------------------------
   -----------------------------------
    -Q                 user;group;fileset       Quotas accounting enabled
                       user;fileset             Quotas enforced
                       user;group;fileset       Default quotas enabled
    --perfileset-quota Yes                      Per-fileset quota
   enforcement

   #

Enable default user quota for fileset fset9, if not enabled yet,

e.g. "mmdefquotaon -u fs9:fset9"

Then set the default quota for this fileset using mmdefedquota"

   # mmdefedquota -u fs9:fset9

   ..
   *** Edit quota limits for USR DEFAULT entry for fileset fset9
   NOTE: block limits will be rounded up to the next multiple of the block
   size.
         block units may be: K, M, G, T or P, inode units may be: K, M or
   G.
   fs9: blocks in use: 0K, limits (soft = 102400K, hard = 1048576K)
           inodes in use: 0, limits (soft = 10000, hard = 22222)

Hope that this helps.

Kuei-Yu Wang-Knop
IBM Scalable I/O development
(845) 433-9333 T/L 293-9333, E-mail: kywang at us.ibm.com