[gpfsug-discuss] mmapplypolicy - sql math on crack? - Please try a workaround

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Sep 29 21:52:22 BST 2018

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 11:23:08 -0400, "Marc A Kaplan" said:

> This may be a bug and/or a peculiarity of the SQL type system.  A proper
> investigation and full explanation will take more time than I have right
> now.
>
> In the meanwhile please try forcing the computation/arithmetic to use
> floating point by changing your "30" to "30.0"
> and let us know if that helps you move along in your task at hand.

Oh, once I figured out what was going on, I changed from FILE_SIZE "bytes" to
KB_ALLOCATED / 1024 "megabytes" and knocked enough powers of two off so things
don't go wonky till that one researcher has a 79 terabyte file he doesn't look
at for many decades. :)

I'll probably take my original email and stuff it into a PMR later today
just so the weirdness doesn't get lost....