[gpfsug-discuss] [non-nasa source] P_Key question

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Mon Sep 24 23:44:14 BST 2018

Answered my own question here. In both cases (at least with GPFS 4.2)
the answer is "it doesn't work" which is what I figured certainly within
a single cluster but between clusters I had hoped there would be some
smarts to deal with multi-cluster situations given that all the plumbing
seems to be there to deal with it.

-Aaron

On 9/23/18 7:19 PM, Knister, Aaron S. (GSFC-606.2)[InuTeq, LLC] wrote:
> Dear GPFS’ers (or I guess Scalers...),
>
> How do P_Keys work with remote clusters? E.g if I have a cluster using
> the default pkey and a remote cluster with verbsRdmaPkey set can the two
> communicate without using rdma cm? To take it a step further, what if
> cluster A has verbsRdmaCm disabled but the remote cluster has it
> enabled? Do I have any hope of making that work without changing the
> rdmaCm setting? Trying to secure cross cluster RDMA communication in any
> reasonable way is making my head hurt...
>
> -Aaron

Aaron Knister
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (Code 606.2)
Goddard Space Flight Center
(301) 286-2776