[gpfsug-discuss] Getting inode information with REST API V2

Sven Siebler sven.siebler at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Sep 5 08:13:47 BST 2018

Hi all,

i just started to use the REST API for our monitoring and my question is
concerning about how can i get information about allocated inodes with
REST API V2 ?

Up to now i use "mmlsfileset" directly, which gives me information on
maximum and allocated inodes (mmdf for total/free/allocated inodes of
the filesystem)

If i use the REST API V2 with
"filesystems/<filesystem_name>/filesets?fields=:all:", i get all
information except the allocated inodes.

On the documentation
(https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_5.0.0/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r00.doc/bl1adm_apiv2getfilesystemfilesets.htm)
i found:

 > "inodeSpace": "Inodes"
 > The number of inodes that are allocated for use by the fileset.

but for me the inodeSpace looks more like the ID of the inodespace,
instead of the number of allocated inodes.

In the documentation example the API can give output like this:

"filesetName" : "root",
        "filesystemName" : "gpfs0",
        "usage" : {
            "allocatedInodes" : 100000,
            "inodeSpaceFreeInodes" : 95962,
            "inodeSpaceUsedInodes" : 4038,
            "usedBytes" : 0,
            "usedInodes" : 4038
}

but i could not retrieve such usage-fields in my queries.

The only way for me to get inode information with REST is the usage of V1:

https://REST_API_host:port/scalemgmt/v1/filesets?filesystemName=FileSystemName

which gives exact the information of "mmlsfileset".

But because V1 is deprecated i want to use V2 for rewriting our tools...

Thanks,

Sven

--
Sven Siebler
Servicebereich Future IT - Research & Education (FIRE)

Tel. +49 6221 54 20032
sven.siebler at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Universität Heidelberg
Universitätsrechenzentrum (URZ)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 293, D-69120 Heidelberg
http://www.urz.uni-heidelberg.de