[gpfsug-discuss] Pmsensors and gui

Markus Rohwedder rohwedder at de.ibm.com
Wed Oct 10 09:24:58 BST 2018

Hello Simon,

not sure if the answer solved your question from the response,

Even if nodes can be externally resolved by unique hostnames, applications
that run on the host use the /bin/hostname binary or the hostname() call to
identify the node they are running on.
This is the case with the performance collection sensor.
So you need to set the hostname of the hosts using /bin/hostname in in a
way that provides unique responses of the "/bin/hostname" call within a
cluster.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Markus Rohwedder

Spectrum Scale GUI Development

 Phone:  +49 7034 6430190      IBM Deutschland Research &
                              Development

 E-Mail: rohwedder at de.ibm.com  Am Weiher 24

                               65451 Kelsterbach

                               Germany