[gpfsug-discuss] Pmsensors and gui

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 14:54:51 BST 2018

I can help with the first one as I had the issue a few weeks ago. The answer from support is below, verbatim.

When trying to resolve the IP-Address in the JAVA code the first entry entry in the list is returned.
Just localhost was expected for this. If the order is other way around and the list starts with
localhost.localdomain, the GUI unfortunately cannot resolve the real node name and will fail with
the message seen in the log files.
Thus I assume that this is the case for your customer.

it seems that our code it not as tolerant as it should be for the localhost definitions in
the /etc/hosts file on the GUI node.
We need to change this in our code to handle accordingly.

Please let the customer adjust this entry and place localhost at the top of the list.
After this the task should run successful and the state should be OK again for the pm_collector.

checking the GUI nodes /etc/hosts it shows actually

127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4 localhost