[gpfsug-discuss] Filesystem access issues via CES NFS

Andreas Mattsson andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se
Fri Nov 23 13:41:37 GMT 2018

Yes, this is repeating.

We’ve ascertained that it has nothing to do at all with file operations on the GPFS side.

Randomly throughout the filesystem mounted via NFS, ls or file access will give

”

> ls: reading directory /gpfs/filessystem/test/testdir: Invalid argument

“

Trying again later might work on that folder, but might fail somewhere else.

We have tried exporting the same filesystem via a standard kernel NFS instead of the CES Ganesha-NFS, and then the problem doesn’t exist.

So it is definitely related to the Ganesha NFS server, or its interaction with the file system.

Will see if I can get a tcpdump of the issue.

Regards,

Andreas

Andreas Mattsson
Systems Engineer

MAX IV Laboratory
Lund University
P.O. Box 118, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Fotongatan 2, 224 84 Lund
Mobile: +46 706 64 95 44
 <mailto:andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se> andreas.mattsson at maxiv.lu.se
 <http://www.maxiv.se/> www.maxiv.se