[gpfsug-discuss] SMB server on GPFS clients and Followsymlinks

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Wed May 16 13:23:41 BST 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-15 at 22:32 +0000, Christof Schmitt wrote:
> > I could use CES, but CES does not support follow-symlinks outside
> respective SMB export.
>
> Samba has the 'wide links' option, that we currently do not test and
> support as part of the mmsmb integration. You can always open a RFE
> and ask that we support this option in a future release.

Note that if unix extensions are on then you also need the "allow
insecure wide links" option, which is a pretty good hint as to why one
should steer several parsecs wide of using symlinks on SMB exports.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                         Tel: +44141-5483420
HPC System Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.