[gpfsug-discuss] Temporary office files

Michal Zacek zacekm at img.cas.cz
Fri May 4 06:53:23 BST 2018

Hello,

I have problem with "~$somename.xlsx" files in Samba shares at GPFS
Samba cluster. These lock files are supposed to be removed by Samba with
"delete on close" function. This function is working  at standard Samba
server in Centos but not with Samba cluster at GPFS. Is this function
disabled on purpose or is ti an error? I'm not sure if this problem was
in older versions, but now with version 5.0.0.0 it's easy to reproduce.
Just open and close any excel file, and "~$xxxx.xlsx" file will remain
at share. You have to uncheck "hide protected operating system files" on
Windows to see them.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Michal