[gpfsug-discuss] sublocks per block in GPFS 5.0

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 30 17:45:41 BST 2018

Apparently, a small mistake in that developer works post.
I always advise testing of new features on a scratchable system...
Here's what I see on my test system:

#mmcrfs mak -F /vds/mn.nsd -A no -T /mak -B 16M -f 1K -i 1K
Value '1024' for option '-f' is out of range.  Valid values are 4096
through 524288.

# mmcrfs mak -F /vds/mn.nsd -A no -T /mak -B 16M -f 4K -i 1K
(runs okay)
# mmlsfs mak
flag                value                    description
 -f                 4096                     Minimum fragment (subblock)
size in bytes
 -i                 1024                     Inode size in bytes
 -I                 32768                    Indirect block size in bytes
 -B                 16777216                 Block size
 -V                 18.00 (5.0.0.0)          File system version
 --subblocks-per-full-block 4096             Number of subblocks per full
block