[gpfsug-discuss] Control of where mmcrsnapshot runs?

Keith Ball bipcuds at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:15:19 BST 2018

You're right, Brian, the key load will be on the filesystem manager in any
case, and as you say, all nodes nodes must quiesce - it's not really an
issue of where to run the command, like it would be for mmfsck, etc.

GPFS version is 3.5.0.26. We'll investigate upgrade to later version that
accommodates combined operations.

I will also look into the cgroups approach - is this a documented thing, or
just something that people have tinkered with/hand rolled?

Thanks,
  Keith

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 7:00 AM, <gpfsug-discuss-
<gpfsug-discuss-request at spectrumscale.org>