[gpfsug-discuss] mmfind -ls and so forth

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Mar 8 15:16:10 GMT 2018

Hi Marc,

I test in production … just kidding.  But - not kidding - I did read the entire mmfind.README, compiled the binary as described therein, and read the output of “mmfind -h”.

But what I forgot was that when you run a bash shell script with “bash -x” it doesn’t show you the redirection you did to a file … and since the mmfind ran for ~5 days, including over a weekend, and including Monday which I took off from work to have our 16 1/2 year old Siberian Husky put to sleep, I simply forgot that in the script itself I had redirected the output to a file.  Stupid of me, I know, but unlike Delusional Donald, I’ll admit my stupid mistakes.

Thanks, and sorry.  I will try the mmfind as you suggested in your previous response the next time I need to run one to see if that significantly improves the performance…

Kevin