[gpfsug-discuss] tscCmdPortRange question

Felipe Knop knop at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 6 23:11:38 GMT 2018

Olaf,

Correct.

mmchconfig -i   is accepted for tscCmdPortRange   . The change should take
place immediately, upon invocation of the next command.

  Felipe

----
Felipe Knop                                     knop at us.ibm.com
GPFS Development and Security
IBM Systems
IBM Building 008
2455 South Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
(845) 433-9314  T/L 293-9314

From:	"Olaf Weiser" <olaf.weiser at de.ibm.com>
To:	gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:	03/06/2018 02:47 PM
Subject:	Re: [gpfsug-discuss] tscCmdPortRange question
Sent by:	gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

this parameter is just for administrative commands.. "where" to send the
output of a command...
and for those admin ports .. so called ephemeral ports... it depends , how
much admin commands ( = sessions  = sockets)  you want to run in parallel

in my experience.. 10 ports is more than enough
we use those in a range from 50000-50010

to be clear ..
demon - to - demon .. communication always uses 1191

cheers