[gpfsug-discuss] Snapshot handling in mixed Windows/MacOS environments

Altenburger Ingo (ID SD) ingo.altenburger at id.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 28 07:37:48 BST 2018

I have to note that we use the from-SONAS-imported snapshot scheduler as part of the gui to create (and keep/delete) the snapshots.
When performing mmcrsnapshot <fs> @2018-06-27-14-01 -j <fileset> then this snapshot is visible in MacOS Finder but not in Windows 'previous versions'.

Thus, the issue might be related to the way the scheduler is creating snapshots.

Since having hundreds of filesets we need snapshots for, doing the scheduling by ourselves is not trivial and a preferred option.

Regards
Ingo Altenburger