[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS support for latest stable release of OpenStack (called Queens https://www.openstack.org/software/queens/)

Brian Nelson brnelson at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 15 04:36:19 BST 2018

The only OpenStack component that GPFS explicitly ships is Swift, which is
used for the Object protocol of the Protocols Support capability.  The
latest version included is Swift at the Pike release.  That was first made
available in the GPFS 5.0.1.0 release.

The other way that GPFS can be used is as the backing store for many
OpenStack components, as you can see in this table:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_5.0.0/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r00.doc/bl1ins_openstackusecase.htm

The GPFS drivers for those components were written in the Liberty/Mitaka
timeframe.  We generally do not certify every OpenStack release against
GPFS.  However, we have not had any compatibility issues with later
releases, and I would expect Queens to also work fine with GPFS storage.

-Brian

Brian Nelson
512-286-7735
(T/L) 363-7735