[gpfsug-discuss] Lroc on NVME

Peter Childs p.childs at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Jun 12 11:42:32 BST 2018

We have a new computer, which has an nvme drive that is appearing as
/dev/nvme0 and we'd like to put lroc on /dev/nvme0p1p1. which is a
partition on the drive.

After doing the standard mmcrnsd to set it up Spectrum Scale fails to
see it.

I've added a script /var/mmfs/etc/nsddevices so that gpfs scans them,
and it does work now. What "type" should I set the nvme drives too?
I've currently set it to "generic"

I want to do some tidying of my script, but has anyone else tried to
get lroc running on nvme and how well does it work.

We're running CentOs 7.4 and Spectrum Scale 4.2.3-8 currently.

Thanks in advance.

--
Peter Childs
ITS Research Storage