[gpfsug-discuss] recommendations for gpfs 5.x GUI and perf/health monitoring collector nodes

Norbert Schuld NSCHULD at de.ibm.com
Wed Jun 6 08:40:07 BST 2018

Hi,

when it comes to clusters of this size then 150 nodes per collector rule of
thumb is a good way to start. So 3-4 collector nodes should be OK for your
setup.
The GUI(s) can also be installed on those nodes as well.
Collector nodes mainly need a good amount of RAM as all 'current' incoming
sensor data is kept there.
Local disk is typically not stressed heavily, plain HDD or simple onboard
RAID is sufficient, plan for 20-50 GB disc space on each node.
For network no special requirements are needed, default should be whatever
is used in the cluster anyway.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Norbert Schuld

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz /Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294