[gpfsug-discuss] Change pool-[meta]data_high_warn thresholds

Caubet Serrabou Marc (PSI) marc.caubet at psi.ch
Tue Jun 5 12:39:08 BST 2018

Dear all,

we have a small cluster which is reporting the following alarm:

# mmhealth event show pool-metadata_high_warn
Event Name:              pool-metadata_high_warn
Event ID:                999719
Cause:                   The pool reached a warning level.
User Action:             Add more capacity to pool or move data to different pool or delete data and/or snapshots.
Severity:                WARNING
State:                   DEGRADED

# mmhealth event show pool-data_high_warn
Event Name:              pool-data_high_warn
Event ID:                999722
Cause:                   The pool reached a warning level.
User Action:             Add more capacity to pool or move data to different pool or delete data and/or snapshots.
Severity:                WARNING
State:                   DEGRADED

Warning threshold for both alarms is 80%, we are at 81%, so alarm is correct. However, I would like to define different limits. Is possible to increase it? 'mmhealth thresholds' did not help as these are not supported metrics (unless I am doing something wrong). Another way is to hide this alarm, but I would like to avoid it.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Paul Scherrer Institut
High Performance Computing
Marc Caubet Serrabou