[gpfsug-discuss] control which hosts become token manager

Peter Childs p.childs at qmul.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 20:28:34 BST 2018

What does mmlsmgr show?

Your config looks fine.

I suspect you need to do a

mmchmgr perf node-1.psi.ch<http://node-1.psi.ch>
mmchmgr tiered node-2.psi.ch<http://node-2.psi.ch>

It looks like the node was set up as a manager and was demoted to just quorum but since its still currently the manager it needs to be told to stop.

>From experience it's also worth having different file system managers on different nodes, if at all possible.

But that's just a guess without seeing the output of mmlsmgr.

Peter Childs
Research Storage
ITS Research and Teaching Support
Queen Mary, University of London

---- Billich Heinrich Rainer (PSI) wrote ----

Hello,

I want to control which nodes can become token manager. In detail I run a virtual machine as quorum node. I don’t want this machine to become a token manager - it has no access to Infiniband and only very limited memory.

What I see is that ‘mmdiag –tokenmgr’ lists the machine as active token manager. The machine has role ‘quorum-client’. This doesn’t seem sufficient to exclude it.

Is there any way to tell spectrum scale to exclude this single machine with role quorum-client?

I run 5.0.1-1.

Sorry if this is a faq, I did search  quite a bit before I wrote to the list.

Thank you,

Heiner Billich

[root at node-2 ~]# mmlscluster

GPFS cluster information
========================
  GPFS cluster name:         node.psi.ch
  GPFS cluster id:           5389874024582403895
  GPFS UID domain:           node.psi.ch
  Remote shell command:      /usr/bin/ssh
  Remote file copy command:  /usr/bin/scp
  Repository type:           CCR

Node  Daemon node name       IP address     Admin node name        Designation
   1   node-1.psi.ch       a.b.95.31  node-1.psi.ch       quorum-manager
   2   node-2.psi.ch       a.b.95.32  node-2.psi.ch       quorum-manager
   3   node-quorum.psi.ch  a.b.95.30  node-quorum.psi.ch  quorum                       <<<< VIRTUAL MACHINE >>>>>>>>>

[root at node-2 ~]# mmdiag --tokenmgr

=== mmdiag: tokenmgr ===
  Token Domain perf
    There are 3 active token servers in this domain.
    Server list:
      a.b.95.120
      a.b.95.121
      a.b.95.122    <<<< VIRTUAL MACHINE >>>>>>>>>
  Token Domain tiered

--
Paul Scherrer Institut
Science IT