[gpfsug-discuss] Same file opened by many nodes / processes

José Filipe Higino jose.filipe.higino at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:59:22 BST 2018

Are the tiebreaker disks part of the same storage that is being used to
provide disks for the NSDs of your filesystem?

Having both management and daemon networks on the same network can impact
the cluster in many ways. Depending on the requirements and workload
conditions to run the cluster. Especially if the network is not 100% top
notch or can be affected by external factors (other types of utilization).

I would recur to a recent (and/or run a new one) performance benchmark
result (IOR and MDTEST) and try to understand if the recordings of the
current performance while observing the problem really tell something new.
If not (if benchmarks tell that you are at the edge of the performance,
then the best would be to consider increasing cluster performance) with
additional disk hardware and/or network performance.

If possible I would also recommend upgrading to the new Spectrum Scale 5
that have many new performance features.