[gpfsug-discuss] subblock sanity check in 5.0

Sven Oehme oehmes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:55:10 BST 2018

Olaf, he is talking about indirect size not subblock size .

Carl,

here is a screen shot of a 4mb filesystem :

[root at p8n15hyp ~]# mmlsfs all_local

File system attributes for /dev/fs2-4m-07:
flag                value                    description
------------------- ------------------------
-----------------------------------
 -f                 8192                     Minimum fragment (subblock)
size in bytes
 -i                 4096                     Inode size in bytes
 -I                 32768                    Indirect block size in bytes
 -m                 1                        Default number of metadata
replicas
 -M                 2                        Maximum number of metadata
replicas
 -r                 1                        Default number of data replicas
 -R                 2                        Maximum number of data replicas
 -j                 scatter                  Block allocation type
 -D                 nfs4                     File locking semantics in
effect
 -k                 all                      ACL semantics in effect
 -n                 512                      Estimated number of nodes that
will mount file system
 -B                 4194304                  Block size
 -Q                 none                     Quotas accounting enabled
                    none                     Quotas enforced
                    none                     Default quotas enabled
 --perfileset-quota No                       Per-fileset quota enforcement
 --filesetdf        No                       Fileset df enabled?
 -V                 19.01 (5.0.1.0)          File system version
 --create-time      Mon Jun 18 12:30:54 2018 File system creation time
 -z                 No                       Is DMAPI enabled?
 -L                 33554432                 Logfile size
 -E                 Yes                      Exact mtime mount option
 -S                 relatime                 Suppress atime mount option
 -K                 whenpossible             Strict replica allocation
option
 --fastea           Yes                      Fast external attributes
enabled?
 --encryption       No                       Encryption enabled?
 --inode-limit      4000000000               Maximum number of inodes
 --log-replicas     0                        Number of log replicas
 --is4KAligned      Yes                      is4KAligned?
 --rapid-repair     Yes                      rapidRepair enabled?
 --write-cache-threshold 0                   HAWC Threshold (max 65536)
 --subblocks-per-full-block 512              Number of subblocks per full
block
 -P                 system                   Disk storage pools in file
system
 --file-audit-log   No                       File Audit Logging enabled?
 --maintenance-mode No                       Maintenance Mode enabled?
 -d                 RG001VS001;RG002VS001;RG003VS002;RG004VS002  Disks in
file system
 -A                 no                       Automatic mount option
 -o                 none                     Additional mount options
 -T                 /gpfs/fs2-4m-07          Default mount point
 --mount-priority   0                        Mount priority

as you can see indirect size is 32k

sven