[gpfsug-discuss] Removing LUN from host without unconfiguring GPFS filesystem

Harold Morales hmorales at optimizeit.co
Sun Jan 21 23:35:01 GMT 2018

Thank you. The filesystems belong both to the same cluster. My question is
whether LUNs can be unmapped from the host even though filesystems have not
been configured and when they are mapped back the filesystem is going to
operate correctly.

El 21/01/2018 5:35 p.m., "Jonathan Buzzard" <jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk>
escribió:

On 21/01/18 21:19, Harold Morales wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a GPFS cluster with two filesystems. The disks associated to one
> filesystem reside on an old storage and the other filesystem disks reside
> on a much more modern storage system. I have successfully moved data from
> one fs to the other but there are questions about data integrity that still
> need verification so the old filesystem needs somehow to be preserved.
>
> My question is: Can I remove the old filesystem LUNs association to the
> NSDs servers without removing spectrum scale filesystems, so that later on,
> if necessary, I could associate them back and the old filesystem would be
> operating as normal? If possible: what would be the general steps to
> achieve this?

I would take a look at mmexportfs/mmimportfs myself to be on the safe side.

JAB.

HPC System Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.