[gpfsug-discuss] storage-based replication for Spectrum Scale

Harold Morales hmorales at optimizeit.co
Wed Jan 24 01:39:52 GMT 2018

Hello,

Is there any proven strategy to replicate disks from one local storage to
one storage on another site and have this as a spectrum scale backup
strategy. Let me explain:

Context:

- site A simple three node cluster configured  (AIX nodes). two failure
groups. two filesystems. No quota, no ILM.
- Site B the same cluster config as in site A configured (AIX nodes) same
hdisk device names used as in site A for each and every NSDs
- NO TCPIP connection between those two sites. Same ip addresses available
locally on each one. and same non-scale based filesystems. Same scale
version installed. (esentially site B is a copy from site A).

My question is, can I replicate the spectrum scale disks from site A  to
site B storage to another (HP 3PAR) and maintain consistency between scale
sites? can this be considered a valid DR configuration? People here don't
want a stretch cluster (without any apparent reason, which talks very bad
about them).

Thanks.