[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS GA 5.0.0.0: mmces commands with inconsistent output

Ernst Heinz (ID SD) heinz.ernst at id.ethz.ch
Tue Jan 16 16:56:52 GMT 2018

Hello to all peers and gurus

Since more or less two weeks we have gpfs GA 5.0.0.0 running on our testenvironment

Today I've seen following behavior on our SpectrumScale-testcluster which slighdly surprised me

Following:
Checking status of the cluster on different ways

[root at testnas13ces01 idsd_erh_t1]# mmces state cluster
CLUSTER                                             AUTH          BLOCK            NETWORK          AUTH_OBJ         NFS                       OBJ                           SMB                      CES
testnas13.ethz.ch                           FAILED        DISABLED      HEALTHY             DISABLED            DEPEND               DISABLED                      DEPEND               FAILED

[root at testnas13ces01 idsd_erh_t1]# mmces state show -a
NODE                                   AUTH                    BLOCK                  NETWORK          AUTH_OBJ         NFS                       OBJ                        SMB                      CES
testnas13ces01-i             HEALTHY             DISABLED            HEALTHY             DISABLED            HEALTHY            DISABLED                   HEALTHY            HEALTHY
testnas13ces02-i             HEALTHY             DISABLED            HEALTHY             DISABLED            HEALTHY            DISABLED                   HEALTHY            HEALTHY

does anyone of you guys has an explanation therefore?
Is there someone else who has seen a behavior like this?

By the way we have a similar view on one of our clusters on gpfs 4.2.3.4
(open PMR: 30218.112.848)

Any kind of response would be very grateful

Kind regards
Heinz

Heinz Ernst                                                                                            ID-Systemdienste
WEC C 16                                                                                                Weinbergstrasse 11
CH-8092 Zurich                                                                                     heinz.ernst at id.ethz.ch<mailto:heinz.ernst at id.ethz.ch>
Phone: +41 44 633 84 48                                                                   Mobile: +41 79 216 15 50