[gpfsug-discuss] mmchfileset syntax

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 3 10:37:54 GMT 2018

Hi all,

Attempting to change the junction path of a fileset and I’m getting some strange output. It may just not be possible but the documentation on mmchfileset itself doesn’t make it clear.

mmchfileset gpfs filesetname -J /gpfs/new_path
mmchfileset: Options -J and FilesetName cannot be specified at the same time.

Which leads to what’s the point of the following command as the error suggests it will work:

mmchfileset device -J /gpfs/new_path

…as not specifying a FilesetName to the input of mmchfileset seems odd.

I do of course know that I can just unlink and relink but hey.. trying to save a few precious seconds 😊

Cheers
Richard