[gpfsug-discuss] mmfind - Use mmfind ... -xargs

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 22 14:27:28 GMT 2018

More recent versions of mmfind support an -xargs option...  Run mmfind
--help and see:

   -xargs [-L maxlines] [-I rplstr] COMMAND

      Similar to find ... | xargs [-L x] [-I r] COMMAND

      but COMMAND executions may run in parallel. This is preferred
      to -exec. With -xargs mmfind will run the COMMANDs in phase subject
      mmapplypolicy options -m, -B, -N. Must be the last option to mmfind

This gives you the fully parallelized power of mmapplypolicy without
having to write SQL rules nor scripts.