[gpfsug-discuss] Hello

Gareth Horton G.Horton at bham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 16 10:28:48 GMT 2018

Hi All,

A short note to introduce myself to all members

My name is Gareth Horton and I work at Birmingham University within the Research Computing 'Architecture, Infrastructure and Systems’ team

I am new to GPFS and HPC, coming from a general Windows / Unix / Linux sys admin background, before moving into VMware server virtualisation and SAN & NAS storage admin.

We use GPFS to provide storage and archiving services to researchers for both traditional HPC and cloud (Openstack) environments

I’m currently a GPFS novice and I’m hoping to learn a lot from the experience and knowledge of the group and its members

Regards

Gareth Horton

Architecture, Infrastructure and Systems
Research Computing- IT Services
Computer Centre G5,
Elms Road, University of Birmingham
B15 2TT