[gpfsug-discuss] mmchdisk suspend / stop

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 21:54:36 GMT 2018

On 13/02/18 15:56, Buterbaugh, Kevin L wrote:
> Hi JAB,
>
> OK, let me try one more time to clarify.  I’m not naming the vendor …
> they’re a small maker of commodity storage and we’ve been using their
> stuff for years and, overall, it’s been very solid.  The problem in
> this specific case is that a major version firmware upgrade is
> required … if the controllers were only a minor version apart we
> could do it live.

That makes more sense, but still do tell which vendor so I can avoid
them. It's 2018 I expect never to need to take my storage down for *ANY*
firmware upgrade *EVER* - period.

Any vendor that falls short of that needs to go on my naughty list, for
specific checking that this is no longer the case before I ever purchase
any of their kit.

JAB.

HPC System Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.