[gpfsug-discuss] mmchdisk suspend / stop

Buterbaugh, Kevin L Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Feb 9 15:07:32 GMT 2018

Hi All,

Since several people have made this same suggestion, let me respond to that.  We did ask the vendor - twice - to do that.  Their response boils down to, “No, the older version has bugs and we won’t send you a controller with firmware that we know has bugs in it.”

We have not had a full cluster downtime since the summer of 2016 - and then it was only a one day downtime to allow the cleaning of our core network switches after an electrical fire in our data center!  So the firmware on not only our storage arrays, but our SAN switches as well, it a bit out of date, shall we say…

That is an issue we need to address internally … our users love us not having regularly scheduled downtimes quarterly, yearly, or whatever, but there is a cost to doing business that way...

Kevin