[gpfsug-discuss] mmchdisk suspend / stop

Oesterlin, Robert Robert.Oesterlin at nuance.com
Thu Feb 8 16:25:33 GMT 2018

Check out “unmountOnDiskFail” config parameter perhaps?

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_4.2.3/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v4r23.doc/bl1adm_tuningguide.htm

unmountOnDiskFail
The unmountOnDiskFail specifies how the GPFS daemon responds when a disk failure is detected. The valid values of this parameter are yes, no, and meta. The default value is no.

I have it set to “meta” which prevents the file system from unmounting  if an NSD fails and the metadata is still available. I have 2 replicas of metadata and one data.

Bob Oesterlin
Sr Principal Storage Engineer, Nuance