[gpfsug-discuss] fcntl ENOTTY

Aaron Knister aaron.s.knister at nasa.gov
Tue Aug 21 04:28:19 BST 2018

Argh...

Please disregard (I think). Apparently, mpich uses "%X" to format errno (oh yeah, sure, why not use %p to print strings while we're at it) which means that the errno is *actually* 37 which is ENOLCK. Ok, now there's something I can work with.

-Aaron

p.s. I'm sure that formatting errno with %X made sense at the time (ok, no I'm not), but it sent me down a hell of a rabbit hole and I'm just bitter. No offense intended.

On 8/20/18 8:05 PM, Knister, Aaron S. (GSFC-606.2)[InuTeq, LLC] wrote:
> Nothing worse than a vague question with little context, eh? Well...
>
> Does anyone know why GPFS might return ENOTTY to an fcntl(fd, F_SETLKW, &lock) where lock.l_type is set to F_RDLCK?
>
> The error prompting this question looks almost identical to the one in this (unfortunately unanswered) thread:
>
> http://www.spectrumscale.org/pipermail/gpfsug-discuss/2014-June/000412.html
>
> -Aaron

Aaron Knister
NASA Center for Climate Simulation (Code 606.2)
Goddard Space Flight Center
(301) 286-2776