[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS Independent Fileset Limit

Peinkofer, Stephan Stephan.Peinkofer at lrz.de
Fri Aug 10 12:29:18 BST 2018

Dear IBM and GPFS List,

we at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre and our GCS Partners from the Jülich Supercomputing Centre will soon be hitting the current Independent Fileset Limit of 1000 on a number of our GPFS Filesystems.

There are also a number of RFEs from other users open, that target this limitation:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=56780

<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=56780>https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=120534
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=106530

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=85282

I know GPFS Development was very busy fulfilling the CORAL requirements but maybe now there is again some time to improve something else.

If there are any other users on the list that are approaching the current limitation in independent filesets, please take some time and vote for the RFEs above.

Many thanks in advance and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Stephan Peinkofer