[gpfsug-discuss] mmaddcallback documentation issue

Eric Sperley esperle at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 6 23:46:39 BST 2018

See if this helps
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STXKQY_5.0.1/com.ibm.spectrum.scale.v5r01.doc/bl1adm_mmaddcallback.htm

Best Regards, Eric

                                               Eric Sperley, PhD

                                               SDI Architect

     To improve is to change; to be perfect is IBM Systems
     to change often - - Winston Churchill

                                               esperle at us.ibm.com

                                               +15033088721

From:	"Buterbaugh, Kevin L" <Kevin.Buterbaugh at Vanderbilt.Edu>
To:	gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:	08/06/2018 02:44 PM
Subject:	[gpfsug-discuss] mmaddcallback documentation issue
Sent by:	gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

Hi All,

So I’m _still_ reading about and testing various policies for file
placement and migration on our test cluster (which is now running GPFS 5).

On page 392 of the GPFS 5.0.0 Administration Guide it says:

To add a callback, run this command. The following command is on one line:

mmaddcallback MIGRATION --command /usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmstartpolicy --event
lowDiskSpace
--parms "%eventName %fsName --single-instance

The --single-instance flag is required to avoid running multiple migrations
on the file system at the same time.

However, trying to issue that command gives:

mmaddcallback: Incorrect option: --single-instance

And the man page for mmaddcallback doesn’t mention it or anything similar
to it.  Now my test cluster is running GPFS 5.0.1.1, so is this something
that was added in GPFS 5.0.0 and then subsequently removed?

I can’t find the GPFS 5.0.1 Administration Guide with a Google search.

Thanks…

Kevin

—
Kevin Buterbaugh - Senior System Administrator
Vanderbilt University - Advanced Computing Center for Research and
Education
Kevin.Buterbaugh at vanderbilt.edu - (615)875-9633