[gpfsug-discuss] AFM cache re-link

Venkateswara R Puvvada vpuvvada at in.ibm.com
Tue Apr 24 08:42:25 BST 2018

RO cache filesets doesn't support failover command. Is NICKTESTFSET RO
mode fileset ?

>The infocenter and documentation say the cache expects home to be empty.
I did a small test and it seems to work but it may have happened too fast
for me to notice any data movement.

mmafmctl failover/resync commands does not remove extra files at home, if
home is empty this won't be an issue.

~Venkat (vpuvvada at in.ibm.com)

From:   Nick Savva <nick.savva at adventone.com>
To:     gpfsug main discussion list <gpfsug-discuss at spectrumscale.org>
Date:   04/24/2018 12:18 PM
Subject:        Re: [gpfsug-discuss] AFM cache re-link
Sent by:        gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org

The caches are RO. Thanks that’s exactly what I tested, its just the
infocenter threw me when it said it expects the home to be empty…..

This was the command I used

mmafmctl cachefs1 failover -j NICKTESTFSET  --new-target
nfs://10.0.0.142/ibm/scalefs2/fsettest

Appreciate the confirmation

Nick