[gpfsug-discuss] AFM cache re-link

Nick Savva nick.savva at adventone.com
Sun Apr 22 13:18:23 BST 2018

Hi all,

I was always preface my questions with an apology first up if this has been covered before.

I am curious if anyone has tested relinking an AFM cache to a new home where the new home, old home and cache have the exact same data. What is the behaviour?

The infocenter and documentation say the cache expects home to be empty. I did a small test and it seems to work but it may have happened too fast for me to notice any data movement.

If anyone is interested in the use case, I am attempting to avoid pulling data from production over the link. The idea is to sync the data locally in DR to the cache, and then relink the cache to production. Where prod/dr are gpfs filesystems with a replica set of data. Again its to avoid moving TB's across the link that are already there.

Appreciate the help in advance,

Nick