[gpfsug-discuss] Experiences with Synchronous Replication, Stretch Clusters, and Spectrum Scale <= 4.2

Sobey, Richard A r.sobey at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 6 17:00:09 BST 2018

Hi Stewart

We're running a synchronous replication cluster between our DCs in London and Slough, at a distance of ~63km. The latency is in the order of 700 microseconds over dark fibre.

Honestly... it's been a fine experience. We've never had a full connectivity loss mind you, but we have had to shut down one site fully whilst the other one carried on as normal. Mmrestripe afterwards of course.

We are running Scale version 4.2.3 and looking at v5. Hardware is IBM v3700 storage, IBM rackmount NSD/CES nodes. The storage is connected via FC.

Cheers
Richard