[gpfsug-discuss] Dual server NSDs - change of hostname

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Apr 4 20:59:56 BST 2018

On Wed, 04 Apr 2018 10:02:09 -0000, John Hearns said:

> Has anyone done a procedure like this?

We recently got to rename all 10 nodes in a GPFS cluster to make the
unqualified name unique (turned out that having 2 nodes called 'arnsd1.isb.mgt'
and 'arnsd1.vtc.mgt' causes all sorts of confusion). So they got renamed to
arnsd1-isb.yadda.yadda and arnsd1-vtc.yadda.yadda.

Unmount, did the mmchnsd server list thing, start going through the servers,
rename and reboot each one.  We did hit a whoopsie because I forgot to fix the
list of quorum/manager nodes as we did each node - so don't forget to run
mmchnode for each system if/when appropriate...